Prove your required production levels and build confidence in your process technology with a demonstration plant from EPIC. Achieve long term viability for both commercial and technical investors, with our fast-to-market solution.
We have experience completing successful demonstration plant design and fabrication for over 20 years. EPIC uses a modular approach that delivers completed “plug-and-play” modules to your facility, faster and more efficiently than other pilot plant providers due to our turnkey process. See examples below or contact an engineer today: (314) 845-0077.
Featured Demonstration Plant Case Study
New formulations for bio-based asphalt additives are tested and brought to market first through the use of this demonstration plant designed and built by EPIC. The partnership with EPIC, Seneca and Iowa State University has proven viability to technology stake-holders and potential investors. The demo skid is developing additives from University research and allows new formulations to be produced at significant levels in under 48 hours.
Key Features: Two phase batch reaction-to-distillation system, steam distillation, technology scale-up, bio-polymer processing system, demonstration plant
Product Distribution Enabled Through Demonstration Plant Design
A client needed to start producing product at significant levels to begin distribution and build a potential market. The batch reactor system included making, drying and bagging operations for an agri-chemical product. This demonstration plant was built to be easily expandable into a full production facility in the future, allowing organic growth for the client.
Key Features: Batch reaction, chemical drying, bulk bagging, demonstration skid.
Gallery: Demonstration Plants
Industries Served & Common Process Applications
Our custom pilot skids can incorporate virtually any unit operations or process applications and be custom designed for any industry. We work with you to customize, scale-up and refine your process flow during demonstration plant design. Common industries and process applications we work with include:
- Alternative Energy
- CO2 Removal Systems
- Industrial Chemicals
- Household Chemicals
- Chemical additives
- New Technologies
Process Applications/Unit Operations
- Particle Sizing
- Solvent Recovery
- Particle Sizing
“I value their exploration of new technology and find long term value in this company, not just for one-off projects. EPIC’s project managers keep open communication and have our trust. We know that they can do more than just get the job done; they can get it done right. We collaborate with inventive thinking based on efficiency and do not simply rely on what worked before for another client.” – Senior Process Engineer, Fortune 100 Agri-Chem Company.
Get Your Demonstration Plant: Next Steps
Our proven methodology and turnkey responsibility for every project means your fully tested and operational demonstration skid will be delivered on-time. Turnkey means our in-house experts take your project from design, through fabrication, to installation and successful startup.
The following steps comprise our design-build process for every demonstration module:
- Contact EPIC or call (314) 200-0366) to get in touch with a process scale-up expert who will discuss technical and commercial goals for your project.
- Demonstration plant design begins, with our team collaborating with yours to extract specifications and begin developing drawings, models, and simulations.
- Automation and controls start during the design stage and continue to be developed throughout fabrication. Controls programming and hardware is all handled internally at EPIC by the same project team overseeing total module design and fabrication.
- Modular fabrication is completed. Our approach reduces traditional downtime through parallel construction, resulting in cost-savings, increased safety and faster project delivery.
- Full FAT testing is conducted at EPIC’s shop. Demonstration skids arrive at your facility fully tested and ready to “plug-and-play.”
- Installation usually takes three days or less once on-site, with minimal interruption to your existing operations. We provide full training and support during this process, and complete punch-list resolution.