EPIC brings commercial plants to market 3-4 months faster than traditional process system providers, utilizing our unique modular approach. We have produced single and multi-skid complete systems for over 20 years for new plants and plant upgrades. Our proven design & build methods ensure high-quality production, complete control over your process, and long-term return on investment.
Case Studies: Featured Production Plants
Relocating and upgrading to a new commercial plant, EPIC’s clients needed automated batch processing systems and packaging lines for their new facility. The client came to EPIC for turnkey design, fabrication and installation of both the batch blending and automated packaging systems as cohesive commercial plant. EPIC was able to reduce project timeline by three months through off-site modular construction and testing.
Key Features: Batch blending systems, sanitary systems, automated packaging systems.
A new product launch depended on the fast execution of a complete plant upgrade. EPIC teamed with a consumer products company’s R&D department to engineer an efficient project management plan. An innovative modular design met the customer’s ambitious timeline and brought the product to market on schedule in a full-scale modular commercial plant.
KEY FEATURES: Food grade sanitary requirements, compact design, batch manufacturing system.
Gallery: Commercial Plants by EPIC
“As a plant we have relied on EPIC Systems to be our main resource for process design and to be a project manager on our bigger projects. We like using EPIC since they are very cost effective for the value you get. We have always had more than qualified Engineers from EPIC that could handle the work. Over the years we have developed close working relationships with several of their people. I don’t think you can go wrong with choosing EPIC.”
– T. Schoonenberg, Engineering and Operations Manager | The VVF, Illinois Services Company
Applications & Industries Served
We work with almost all process applications, unit operations, and process steps. During design & scale-up we optimize process system design with process modeling techniques to arrive at the best system design for your production plant. The plants we build cover a range of industries and applications, including:
- Alternative Energy
- CO2 Removal Systems
- Industrial Chemicals
- Household Chemicals
- Chemical additives
- New Technologies
Process Applications/Unit Operations
- Particle Sizing
- Solvent Recovery
- Particle Sizing
Next Steps: What Happens After You Contact EPIC
EPIC takes full turnkey responsibility for your production plant, with services from plant design through fabrication and installation handled in-house. After you contact EPIC 314-714-1580, we begin your project by:
- Fully mapping your technical and commercial goals for the project, timeline and budget. This helps us to start design, the next step.
- Production Plants are designed by our team of process experts, who have many years of experience designing automated systems for manufacturing from many diverse backgrounds. Deliverables such as piping and instrumentation diagrams, general arrangements, process models, mass and material balances, and equipment lists are developed.
- Programming and controls for your commercial plant begin in design and continue throughout plant assembly and testing. Automation, including hardware, is handled internally at EPIC by the same project team.
- Fabrication and assembly takes place in our production facility, under controlled conditions and out of the way of your on-site work. Our approach reduces traditional downtime through parallel construction, resulting in cost-savings, increased safety and faster project delivery.
- Full plant testing is complete on all systems before they ship. You are invited to our facility throughout the process to monitor progress and conduct any tests of your own. Our finished modules must meet our strict QA guidelines and tests before being shipped to your site.
- Installation usually takes three days or less once on-site, with minimal interruption to your existing operations. We provide full training and support during this process, and complete punch-list resolution.
For a proven process plant solution, contact EPIC today.
For additional examples process skids for commercial use, visit our modular process skids design/build page.