Modular design means that your pilot plant is built as a contained unit on a frame that allows the system to be easily transported. Pilot plants may consist of a single skid (one contained system) or have multiple skids that work together to form a complete process system.
Modular design has many distinct advantages for most pilot plants, including:
- Pilot modules are constructed in ideal shop conditions, indoors, which leads to better quality and faster completion times.
- Fabrication, assembly and testing of the new system will not disrupt any current operations since it is built off-site in our shop. This also provides a layer of discretion.
- Off-site construction is also a great advantage when plant upgrades are simultaneously occurring. On-site improvements can be made in parallel with system construction, speeding up the entire project timeline.
- Components, layout and system arrangement are simplified and organized by pilot plant design experts, reducing overall construction costs, space requirements, and required plant upgrades.
- Explore further advantages on our Advantages to Modular page.